This guitar was sent to us by the manufacturer to make videos with it. We've made a handful of videos with it, and now we're passing it along. (You can see the videos at TheLocalPickup.com!) The guitar is in excellent shape. It still has the plastic on the pick guard (see picture), so there are not even pick scratches from the playing that's been done on it the past couple of months.
The one issue is that the plastic cap on the pickup switch is missing (see picture).
Other than that, the guitar is near mint, if not mint.
The Airline Map is a tribute to the ever-stylish National Newport -- or Map Guitar -- from the 1960s. Icons of the studio and stage have recognized the draw of the vintage National guitars’ Valco designs, from The Cure’s Robert Smith to The Black Keys’ Dan Aurbach.
Our Map is crafted from tone-chambered mahogany rather than the original Res-O-Glas bodies of the mid-century, which adds stability while still focusing on the model’s famous resonant tone. Factor in the two Alnico Hot-10 humbuckers, and you’ve got a modern tone monster with familiar controls and all of the mojo of a vintage National. Features & Specs
- Body: Tone Chambered Mahogany
- Colours: Seafoam Green, Red, Black, White, Sunburst
- Pickups: 2 Alnico Hot-10 Humbuckers
- Switching: 3-Way
- Controls: 2 Volume, 1 Tone
- Bridge: BIGSBY tremolo, Roller Bridge
- Neck: Bound Maple, Bolt-on
- Finger Board: Pau Ferro, Block Markers
- Scale Length: 24 3/4" (628mm)
- Width at the Nut: 1 11/16"
- Hardware: Grover Style Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: D'Addario #10
- Unique Features: NATIONAL-Style Striped Pickguard